2016 Equinox is Chevrolet’s brand new and modernized compact SUV. The specifications of this car are now available. This contemporized version features all new wheel designs, new safety features and brand new accents with premium styling. The entry level models will have a radio with a much larger color touchscreen and also a rear vision camera.
This is the car that reinforces the brand’s entire compact SUV lineup and is all set to go on sale in the fall. This car is expected to benefit greatly due to the five years of record sales of the compact SUV segment. Alan Batey who is the president of GM North America has stated that this SUV is the pillar of the whole SUV lineup and connectivity, safety features, efficiency and style are what make it versatile and the best choice.
New and improved features of Chevrolet’s 2016 Equinox include the following:
- Brand new front fascia which includes dual port grille design that is chrome accented. This car includes a special chrome trim on LTZ and LT grilles.
- All new superior quality projector beam headlamps are being offered in all versions of this model. These headlamps enhance the visibility of this car during the night.
- An upscale and distinctive lighting has been achieved with the help of LED lamps on LTZ and LT. LTZ and LT are also outfitted with brand new daytime running lamps that are reflector like and are also available with L and LS models.
- LTZ has also been equipped with fog lamps.
- The brand’s signature and popular dual element taillights are available with all versions of this model. Additionally, the license plate appliqué which has been revised is also available with all three versions.
- The lower rear fascia has also been redesigned and this change applies to all three versions.
- The lower fascia of LTZ has been enhanced with chrome trim.
- LTZ has been equipped with all new 18 inch aluminum wheels, while LT features brand new 17 inch aluminum wheels.
- LS model will receive optional brand new 17 inch wheels.
- V6 models of this car have received completely new chrome exhaust outlets.
- Safety features such as Rear Cross Traffic Notification and alerts for Side Blind Zone are available on both LTZ and LT.
- Color touch radio that measures 7 inches diagonally is being provided along with LS and L versions. This radio allows Bluetooth phone connectivity. Both models also feature a rear vision camera.
- This car also features a redesigned center stack instrument panel. This panel contains new storage compartments and control graphics that have been updated.
- An all new transmission shifter has been featured. This transmission shifter is chrome trimmed and is equipped with Electronic Range Selector buttons atop the handle.
- L and LS versions have received superior quality fabric so that the interiors look as sophisticated as possible.
- The interiors have been given a superb saddle up interior color.
- Universal tablet holders will be available through Chevrolet Accessories. Dealers will provide these holders to buyers. For passengers seated in the rear seat these holders along with tablets can be mounted on the rear of front row seats. This position for tablets will prove to be exceptionally convenient for those seated in the rear seats.
John Cafaro has opined that this new generation of Equinox is highlighted due to the extremely expressive execution of premium and brilliant lighting and chrome accents. Both interiors and exteriors of this car complement one another and the overall functionality and technology of this car. John Cafaro is none other than the brand’s executive director of design.